This item is licensed Korea Open Government License
오픈사이언스 시대의 과학기술정보 유통 체제를 위한 개선방향 수립
Analysis on STI Ecosystem for Open Science Era
한국과학기술정보연구원 Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information
funder : 미래창조과학부 funder : KA
개방과 공유의 오픈사이언스 시대에 부응한 과학기술정보 유통 및 활용체계 구축은 당면한 현안 과제로서 이의 실행을 위해 국내외 현황을 재점검하고 개선방안을 수립하는 일은 시급하다. 이에 국내외 오픈액세스 관련 출판 현황과 기술 및 서비스 현황을 살펴보고 국내과학기술정보 유통을 함께 검토하여 시사점과 발전 방향을 모색하고자 하였다.
본 연구에서 연구자들의 연구 수행과 학술커뮤니케이션 현황을 분석하였고, 국내외 과학기술정보 관련 기관을 분석하였는데 국내 10개 기관과 해외 7개국 20개 기관을 망라하였다. 8개 유형 41개 과학기술정보 서비스를 분석하였으며, 과학기술정보 출판 정책 및 비즈니스 모델과 기술 현황을 분석하였다.
최근의 정보기술과 이용자 정보 니즈에 대해 통합적 고찰을 토대로 연구자의 연구수행 단계별로 연구문제를 재정의하고 정보문제를 해결하는 서비스를 제공할 것을 제안하였으며, 오픈액세스 및 오픈데이터 관련한 최신 정책 및 기술에 대하여 촉진활동, 연구평가, 출판 및 공유, 기반기술, 정책 등 5개의 그룹으로 체계화 하여 정리함으로써 향후 추진 방향을 제시하였다.
1. Check on theoretical grounds to provide services which can solve science & technology researchers’ information problems and acquisition of implications
❍ The theoretical grounds for providing optimized information services by research stage confirmed through analysis on information demand and information pursuit by R&D type and academic field
❍ Suggestions of the results of R&D lifecycle and academic communication analysis
- Services designed to redefine and handle the research problems which occur on five-stage R&D lifecycles: 1) Idea creation & development, 2) funding check and acquisition, 3) experiments and analysis, 4) performance production and 5) assessment.
- Strengthens access to the information distributed on an unofficial channel, focusing on gray literature
- Research and support on a plan which can analyze both internal and external tools which are useful for researchers by the scholarly communication stage and investigate and support a plan to utilize them
2. Macro-perspective on current science & technology information distributions and growth & development direction
❍ Integrates major science & technology information agencies, services and research trends which cover domestic-foreign and public-private issues
- Acquisition of the data which monitor domestic and foreign public information agencies
· Analysis on 10 domestic institutes and 20 agencies from 7 countries
- Inclusive inspection on key domestic and foreign science & technology information services
· 41 services in 8 different types
❍ Able to review the latest information technologies and user information needs in an integrated manner based on comprehensive trends
- Analysis of overall trends regarding information distribution trends and request for information by analyzing each information agency’s R&D activities and characteristics of each service
- Commonness and differences by research agency and service, which are needed to support researcher’s lifecycle such as information search and assessment and spread of research outcome
3. Systematic summary of the latest policies and technology trends associated with open science
❍ Establishment on open access and open data in academic journals in a well-organized manner under the following aspect: 1) promotion, 2) research assessment, 3) publication & sharing, 4) base technology and 5) policy.
- With the promotion of SCOAP3 and OA 2020 initiative, information production costs are settled by subscription-based APC. As a result, the movement to facilitate OA has been accelerated. OA academic data are registered in the share repository such as DOAJ and DOAR.
- In terms of data, there have been active open-data activities, focusing on the organizations such as RDA. The advanced countries including the U.K. and Japan are developing open data-related polies and promotion strategies.
2) Research assessment
- Diverse open peer review methods are now emerging. Research activity metrics such as quantification of contribution to peer review have emerged in an ORCID research profile.
- Diverse citations and usages such as social media are introduced to research assessment.
3) Publishing and sharing
- OA mega-journal has been facilitated, and the introduction of diverse identifiers (e.g., DOI, ORCID, etc.) has been more common.
- Diverse media and platforms for data publication and sharing are under development.
4) Base technology
- As a paper article is structured, new academic information service designed to improve readability (e.g., multimedia, visualization, TDM, etc.) and increase added values has been promoted.
- Copyright issue and research ethics relating to the promotion of open science are emphasized.
- Each country reinforces open-access and open-data education to realize open science.
- As the research institute’s role is more emphasized, it is time to reestablish a new relationship among researchers, a research institute and a publisher.
학술 커뮤니케이션; 과학기술정보 출판; 과학기술정보 유통; 오픈액세스; 오픈데이터; Scholarly Communication; Science & Technology Information Publishing; Science & Technology Information Distribution; Open Access; Open Data