Seo, Min-Ho; Lee, Yong-Ho; Kim, Sang-Guk; Park, Seong-Uk; Han, Hui-Jun; Kim, Eun-Jin; Hwang, Myeong-Gwon; Kim, Nam-Gyu; Go, Mi-Hyeon; Lee, Su-Cheol; et al
한국과학기술정보연구원 Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information
funder : 미래창조과학부 funder : KA agency : 한국과학기술정보연구원 agency : Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information
▢ 과학기술정보전단기관으로서의 국가 정책 수립 지원을 위해 정보 정책에 반영할 국가 차원의 과학기술정보 전략 모형 및 과학기술 정보 인프라 서비스 발전 방안을 수립하는 데 있음
◦ 정책.사회.기술적 환경에 대응한 과학기술 정보 발전 로드맵 제시
- 과학기술정보 인프라, 서비스, R&D, 자원과 관련된 주요 키워드를 도출, 국내.외 환경분석 및 해외 주요 국가 기관별 연구 동향 기반의 키워드 분석을 통해 미래 유망 기술 도출
- 논문 및 특허데이터 기반의 네트워크 분석을 통해 과학기술정보정책 분야 범주별 발전 로드맵 제시 및 국내 과학기술정보정책 대응 전략 도출
◦ 과학기술 정보 및 인프라 서비스 고품질화와 중점 서비스의 선택과 집중을 위해 서비스 유형 체계, 수익 모형 개발 및 유형별 수익 모형 매칭 방법론 개발
- 인프라 자원 제공을 포함한 정보서비스 유형 분류 관련 선행 연구 조사 분석 및 서비스 특성을 고려한 유형 분류체계 개발
- 정보.인프라 서비스 수익모형(Revenue Model) 개발 및 KISTI 주요 서비스의 수익화 전략 개발
IV. Results of the Research
◦ Derived major keywords concerning S&T Information and conducted empirical analysis.
- The derived S&T Information technology-related keywords were, for example, fabric computing, crowd computing, biocomputing, quantum computing, human computing, and exascale computing.
- The derived S&T information keywords were reorganized into five categories:future computing, IT infrastructure, network, big data, and perceptual computing.
- The derived technologies, such as Semantic Web, Mapreduce, and SDN, based on analyzing theses and patents of each of the five categories, showed promise.
◦ Derived S&T Information Policies Roadmap
- The study examined the S&T policies derived from a scientific, technological, and socioeconomic perspective. Experts also studied the policies based on Korea’s competitiveness and examined the policies based on the technology in each of the five categories.
- A policy roadmap was suggested for each of the five categories, technologies that showed potential were identified, and predictions were made by the surveying experts.
◦ Classification system and revenue model of the S&T information·infrastructure service
- This study suggested the types of information infrastructure services possible from the perspective of a service system since, given the characteristics of information and infrastructure services, it is not practical to provide only information or infrastructure service.
- S&T information and infrastructure services were classified into four categories:information-oriented service, hybrid supplier production information and infrastructure service, service incorporating hybrid user production information and infrastructure service, and infrastructure-oriented service.
- Seven revenue models that can be applied to S&T information and infrastructure services were developed with a focus on cases where services are directly provided to end users or provided through a middle network by service providers: individual sales, quotation sales, organization licensing, membership system, rental, Premium, and donation.
◦ Matched revenue models according to the categories of the S&T information and infrastructure services.
- The revenue model was examined per case and classified according to the information·infrastructure service categorization by investigating similar cases of S&T information and infrastructure services of other organizations.
- A methodology for matching the revenue models to each category of the S&T information and infrastructure service was developed, based on cases from other organizations.
◦ Development of the KISTI major service monetization strategy
- The suggested service monetization model strategy to be applied in KISTI for each technology matched the profitability model, and the current state of the service profitability models were examined.
- The monetization model strategy was suggested for KISTI’s NDSL, Supercom-application optimization/parallelization support, ethnic Korean scientists and engineers’ networks, and for KREONET services.
Information and Infrastructure Service of Science and Technology; Service Classification; Service Revenue Model; S&T Information Policy; Roadmap